Thursday, July 17, 2008

Meet Hank

Today has been a very hard day. It all started when I was entering Sam's Club and slipped on the tile floor, how fun, right? No!!! it wasn't just any slip. It was the kind of slip when you start to go down and you catch yourself before you hit the ground only to realize that you should of just taken the fall in the first place. It's always better to hit the floor instead of some funky half splits half back bend move. So I now have a beautiful limp. MY GROIN HURTS SO BAD!!! Anyways, it was very difficult to gimp around the shop serving people today and it just happened to be incredibly busy. As if my day couldn't get any worse in walks the Health Department for their routine inspection!! What fun. I got a good score but it was still very stressful making sure we were in compliance. The Missionaries stopped by for some grub and noticed I was having a bad day. They did their best to try and cheer me up, they are very nice. Later on.... I went over and cried on my best friend's shoulder about my horrible day. It's was nice to vent to her. She then told me to suck it up and come to Value Village with her!!! In hopes of finding more flannel shirts to wear for "Flannel Fridays" (Clinton's idea and a great one at that) We didn't find any new flannel. However, we did find some really sweet matching sweaters!!! We are sooo cool. I came home after our adventure and snuggled up on the love sack to unwind. When all of the sudden!! I heard a frantic knock at the door! I ran to see who it might be. I opened the door to discover the sweetest little Gnome I have ever seen (besides Hugly) I knew right away who would bring such a wonderful gift. It was the Missionaries!!! They are so thoughtful! I am not too sure of where they found this gnome and I really don't care because he is AWESOME and I'm keeping him forever. He looks like he might be an ex-con gnome, given the creepy smile and the ax in his hands but I still love him. I named him Hank. This was just what I needed on a day like this. Thanks Elder Cluff!!







3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! That was really nice! I hope you have a better day today!! I like him, he looks like he can cause a little hell!! My kind of little person!!

Ninny said...

SOrry you had such a sucky day. That gnome does look a little freaky. I wonder if it is the one that lady posted on craigslist that was missing out of her yard? LOL I hope today is better!

Shawna said...

Yeah, he's scary. Kinda looks like he has to pee. :) I hope you feel better. In the words of a very awsome person...............I LOVE YOUR FREAKIN GUTS!!!"